English 4U
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where we can communicate.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
To pass English you need a passing grade in 3 different areas: 1. Attendance (85% or more) 2. Class Work (75% or more) 3. Exams (75% or more) These grades will NOT be averaged.
Para aprobar el curso se necesitan calificaciones aprobadas de tres áreas diferentes: 1. Asistencia (85% o más) 2. Trabajo en Clase (75% o más) 3. Exámenes (75% o más) Las calificaciones NO serán promediadas.

Billy Elliot

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DianaMazariegos

Billy Elliot Empty
PostSubject: Billy Elliot   Billy Elliot Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Name: Billy Elliot
Director: Stephen Dalry

Plot:

The film is set during the UK miners’ strike 1985, and centers on the life of Billy, his love of dance, and his hope to become a professional ballet dancer.
Billy is taken to the boxing gym by his father, but he finds out that he does not really like the sport.
Part of the boxing gym is used by a ballet class. He is drawn in by the ballet teacher, and with her help, secretly starts taking ballet lessons. His father was disagreeing about the ballet classes because he thought that ballet was just for girls.
After a long time of thinking, his father takes Billy to London himself to audition for the Royal Ballet School. Billy is accepted to the Royal Ballet, and leaves home at age 11 to attend the school.
The film ends with a scene that takes place fourteen years later, when Billy has finally reached his goal through dancing. And his father and his brother were watching.

recommendation:

I recommend this movie because you can see in a little boy how to reach your goals and your dreams. And don’t think about what people say about it.
For me is a really good movie first because is about what I love the most: ballet and then you can appreciate how can be the life for someone just for be what he wants to be.

Surprised
Back to top Go down
Pao Ganddini

Pao Ganddini

Billy Elliot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Elliot   Billy Elliot Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Awwwww.... I like this movie too!!!! Is so beautiful, especially because trough the dance he reach his dream to become a ballet dancer. I also like this movie because it's relationated with dancing, and I love evry movie that has the conection with this theme!!!! Very Happy I think this movie leave us a nice message, like Diana says, that we have to continued fighting for our real dreams, because if we get, we will be doing what we most like in life, and if we are passionate with them, the satisfaction that we will get, will be extraordinary!!! Sofollow your dreams, if that is what you really want!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
clauguateroja

Billy Elliot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Elliot   Billy Elliot Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Leaves the best message that this film is the fight for the dreams here because although the plot development in an era where people were very traditional and makes searching done despite adversity and who will say we fight to the end to reach the target.
Back to top Go down
densyl

Billy Elliot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Elliot   Billy Elliot Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:40 pm

The movie´s plot sounds really interesting, i like the movies in where a character fights to get a dreams, these stories are a source of inspiration for everyone! I´ll see this movie!!
Back to top Go down
axelreinoso

Billy Elliot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Elliot   Billy Elliot Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:17 pm

I like the movie too, because it shows the way this man fought for his dreams and he reached them at the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Billy Elliot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Elliot   Billy Elliot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Billy Elliot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
English 4U  :: 2010 Interciclo :: English 5 :: My book or movie...-
Jump to: