English 4U
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where we can communicate.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
To pass English you need a passing grade in 3 different areas: 1. Attendance (85% or more) 2. Class Work (75% or more) 3. Exams (75% or more) These grades will NOT be averaged.
Para aprobar el curso se necesitan calificaciones aprobadas de tres áreas diferentes: 1. Asistencia (85% o más) 2. Trabajo en Clase (75% o más) 3. Exámenes (75% o más) Las calificaciones NO serán promediadas.

Movie: My sister's keeper.

Go down 
+2
Pao Ganddini
andrea
6 posters
AuthorMessage
andrea

Movie: My sister's keeper.  Empty
PostSubject: Movie: My sister's keeper.    Movie: My sister's keeper.  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:17 pm

Producer or director: Jodi Picoult.

Plot:
Is about a 13 year old gilr Anna, who ask for a lawyer to help her to have her rights to her own body. Anna was conceived as a donor for her sister Kate, who has leukemia. If she wins the lawsuit she would not have to donate any more in her entire life.
Anna was refused to testify, is the last witness to speak. She reveals that Kate was suicidal and did not want Anna to go through with
the transplant that is why Anna started the lawsuit.

* I recommended because it's a real history that can happen to anyone and it shows the importance of the family and also the support that they can give you to continue forward.
Back to top Go down
Pao Ganddini

Pao Ganddini

PostSubject: Re: Movie: My sister's keeper.    Movie: My sister's keeper.  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Hellooooo.... Andre! I think you choose a nice movie, I also like it. It is a story that really make us think about how difficult can be when someone near us is sick and she or he will die someday. I think the mom, like every mom that cares about her children was doing everything she can. But in the other side was the child that was sick. She was suffering too much and was too tired. She was ready to go to heaven, so I think it was really sad because she knew that she was going to die, and that her mother was doing everything to save her, but when mom got into reality of what her child want, to me that was the worst part of the movie, because, I'm not a mom, but I think that to loose a child, for a mom or dad is a horrible thing that can happen. I think this movie is to remember us that we have to enjoy our life with everything we have because we don't know when is going to be the end, and see how this sick girl was living so happily her life when she was feeling great, I think is a lessons for us!

Back to top Go down
DianaMazariegos

PostSubject: Re: Movie: My sister's keeper.    Movie: My sister's keeper.  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:46 pm

I don’t know how to say about this movie because for me it is a really saaaad film.
But you can see how difficult can be the life with a sick person, and how difficult could be for them. I cried allot.
Sad
Back to top Go down
clauguateroja

PostSubject: Re: Movie: My sister's keeper.    Movie: My sister's keeper.  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:12 pm

I think that this story be based on true events, is very strong and that several factors must be considered and here we are talking about the lives of two people and the rights to the body of each one of them. The most important thing is to respect the integrity and health of the girl and the parents do not have decide to use it even on the life of her other daughter, both are human beings worthy of life and parents should exhaust all possibilities of finding a compatible transplant for his sick daughter without affecting the health of her other child.
Back to top Go down
densyl

PostSubject: Re: Movie: My sister's keeper.    Movie: My sister's keeper.  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:15 pm

it´s a very sad movie, when I was seeing it almost cry, i was with my girlfriend and she couldn´t stop crying, when the movie ends I was laughing at her... the plot of the movie is wonderfull and the message is amazing and gives us a different view about life and death!!
Back to top Go down
axelreinoso

PostSubject: Re: Movie: My sister's keeper.    Movie: My sister's keeper.  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:34 pm

It's a very sad and beatiful story because it shows the way in which the parents have to fight to save their daughter's life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie: My sister's keeper.    Movie: My sister's keeper.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1